I enter many giveaways a day. But I win many too. It didn’t start out that way, but I have over the year that I have been entering blog contests (since about October 2009), I have developed a method that gets me more “Congratulations” emails than I ever did.
- Make a folder in your email and save all the emails with contests you want to enter, so you wont end up forgetting or deleting them if you can’t enter them at the moment.
- Do as many entries as possible.
- Do not sleep on daily tweets and other daily entries. They can get you a win too.
- If you like a giveaway prize very much, Google it! Most likely there is another blog giving away the same thing
- Look for giveaway blogs with lower subscribers. They have most of the same giveaways as the more popular blogs, and less entrants.
- Just because a giveaway has a lot of entries doesn’t mean you should just not enter if you like the prize. You MIGHT still win. Its just that the probability is not as high.
- I once entered a walmart gift card giveaway just to get more entries into another giveaway. I only did 3 entries for the walmart one because with 400+ entries already, I didn’t think I had a chance, but guess what I won! You just never know.
- Make sure to read your RSS for giveaways on sites. I check my Google reader almost every day, and search for giveaways.
- When entering scan through the rules. Some bloggers don’t email the winners. And if they don’t you could lose out.
- Make sure to check your spam. Sometimes the winning emails thrown in there. It has happened to me many times.
- Check your RSS for winning notifications to make sure its not you and you missed it.
- Make sure to thank the bloggers who email you, and also let them know when your prize arrives.
Still need more convincing? Check out what I have won in recent months.